Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Makeup Show L.A 2011\


Hey Beautiful People!!

I attended The Makeup Show L.A. on Sunday. This was my first time attending & I had a BALL! Unfortunatley, because it fell on a Sat/Sun instead of a Sun/Mon, I worked Sat & was only able to attend Sun. In my opinion, they were hosting better classes Sat so I missed out but I DID get a few deals!! Looky what I picked up......>>>>



Upon receiving my makeup show wrist band, I was given a free Kevyn Aucoin gloss in Jupitesse Metallic Blue. The packaging is SO Fly but I'll probably never use it. :-/


My first stop was the Kissable Coutoure booth. Isn't the packaging lovely? I purchased Tyler (a purple color) & Fantasies (a brilliant red).












I also got to meet the man behind Kissable Coutoure, Mr. AJ Crimson!














Then I walked over to the Crystal Wright booth & had my book signed. She's super duper nice & pretty funny!











She specifically asked me to post this photo & not the other 2 we took. I think I look pregnant in the face here. Ughhhh..
(I'm NOT preggers by the way)










Then.......I ran in to Elyessa from Purse Buzz & Koren of Enkore. They are absolutely the best!



I attended a class he gave. It was very informative.










And sat & listened to these ladies (whos names I canNot remember) speak about how to get into TV/Film makeup. Great advice was given.














These dear 'ol face charts were three 10packs for $20, so I picked these up to get my face chart practice. I'm terrible at face charts by the way!














I picked up 5 Danessa Myricks DVDs & her book.
I haven't had a chance to start reading the book but I did watch all 5 DVDs.
I like one of them. I could seriously live without the others.


















































Now on to all the other stuff I picked up...


4 packs of these wipes in different scents for $1.99













These brushes from Crown Brush & Bdellium.
I wish I would have picked up more brushes from Bdellium. They are the bomb!

All the brushes I purchased were between $2-$8.


























8 packs of much needed disposables. They were all $2.











Lip & brow pencils in Espresso, Candy, Toast, Deep Red & Pale pink from the Auraline booth. I think they were like $1.














Also from the Auraline booth, I picked up these shadows. They had MAC & Urban Decay dupes. I only picked up six. They were $2.50 each.
Warm Brown Shimmer, Taupe Opalescent, Chocolate Matte, Vibrant Purple Shimmer, Deep Plum Shimmer & 24k Frost.
The color pay off is amazing & they blend very well.





Last item I purchased there was this Graftobian High Definition Color Palette in Super Warm for $60. I can't wait to use it.






And drum roll please.........................................


The last stop I made before heading home was to AJ Crimsons class. It was very fun, funny & informative.




























All of the other things I got to see & experience were recorded & I don't feel like editing now. Maybe in the next few days.......
Can't wait for IMATS!!!! I'm uber excited!!!

1 comment:

yummy411 said...

i can't wait to go again! brushes and creme palette.. on my list. thanks!